13.9.10

first day

I made it safely to Japan! Here are some pictures from my first day here.


My first meal at the airport: salmon onigiri



Today's lunch was yakitori at this small restaurant run by a nice man. He set up the room in the back for us which had tatami and you sat on the floor. He kept brining out more and more food!



This is the Waseda shrine. I just went to look so I don't know much about it, but it was nice there.





In the afternoon my group was taken to Roppongi to shop at a place called Don Quijote that had 6 floors and anything you'd ever want to buy. This is some weird statue near there. This building is Mori Tower that has lots of businesses, and then in the back there is a place that is like Water Tower Place. Kuri-senpai bought us all these chocolate lollipops from a small stand inside there. You could also see Tokyo Tower from Mori Tower and it was all lit up at night.




That's it for now...I have to be ready by 8 to go to Harajuku--

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safe.
    What an amazing first day!!
    Now, post your second day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGZ food look yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn, that camera was a good investment, those pics look great. and I'm hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is from Jerry in Beijing...he is having trouble posting from China - they have some alert against gmail and youtube....
    Greetings from Beijing dear daughter type person O'mine! Miss you already and it's rainy and foggy here this time. We're not that far apart right now and when I go to Shenzhen and Hong Kong I will be even closer! Sigh, so near yet so far away. See you in the funny papers!! Will email soon... j

    ReplyDelete