22.11.10

Halloween

I've been so busy lately! But before all that, I want to tell you about my Halloween--

Halloween isn't really very popular here; actually I was surprised to see anything related to it at all. But I guess that recently it's been becoming more mainstream, at least with kids and college students. Unfortunately for the kids though, there is no trick-or-treat.

One of my favorite stores here is called Tokyu Hands. They sell practically everything there. The store in Shinjuku is 8 floors filled with travel supplies, wood, paint, toys, cell phone accessories, etc etc etc. Anyway, they had set up a section for Halloween costumes there, so that's where I got the makeup for my costume. The dress I got at a second hand store, and then I decorated it myself.



That's my friend Kate from MN and her host sister. We got ready together at her house so I got to meet her family. It was interesting walking back to the station and riding the train...like I said, not many people celebrate Halloween. We definitely got some looks ;P



We got into costume to go to the Niji no Kai party. It was at a place in Shinjuku and we took up a whole floor. There were probably about 70 people there. There were drinks and food and dancing and even a costume contest.



It was lots of fun and I was glad to still have a Halloween :D Unfortunately, I had to ride the train home by myself and I probably looked like a hobo. But actually not many people were out because there was a typhoon that night. I thought it would be really bad, but it was just raining and a bit more windy than usual.

Next post coming soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment