13.11.10

mountains

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long, but here we go--

Back in October, everyone in the Japan Study program had a retreat at Waseda's facility in Karuizawa for one night. It's about a 3 hour drive from Tokyo in Nagano up in the mountains.



I'm really not used to mountains, so I thought it was really exciting. It's very pretty out there too and the leaves were just starting to change.





Most of the other people live in Tokyo, so they were really excited to see trees and grass. They were fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, and a baseball diamond.



I got to play some tennis and ultimate frisbee and throw a baseball around (which I haven't done in a long time).

Besides the 29 of us exchange students, our 4 Japanese assistants came, our accompanying professors, and also 6 students who studied abroad last year at GLCA colleges. We got to talk a lot and had a party that night. I wished we had had some more time; I would have gone hiking. But it was a nice break :D

1 comment: