1.2.13

新年あけましておめでとう!

Happy 2013, everyone! I hope you all had a lovely time at home for the holidays. I wish I could have gone back, although I had a fine holiday as well.

School is out for the winter so I had almost 3 weeks away from work. I was really good to have a break since I was getting quite busy near the end there trying to finish up things before the break and organizing the Christmas party in the English Lounge.

Korean food with my coworkers
I got some good presents too, including socks (my favorite ;D), a Japanese novel, a loaf of whole wheat bread, and dryer balls. Presents came with decorations, too, so I got in the mood with some lights, tinsel, and a mini tree.
presents under the "tree"

REAL Thanksgiving dinner! All the way from home~

After Christmas I headed down to Yokohama to stay with my host family for a week. They really enjoyed the cookies I gave them. It was kind of a full house, since their daughter was visiting also, and they got another puppy since the last time I had seen them. I got to visit with them, eat a ton of good food, watch some Japanese TV, finish The Casual Vacancy, play with the pups, and sleep a lot!

amazingly delicious sukiyaki
me and Roy-kun

New Year's Day
I also went to Hatsumode, the first visit to a shrine in the new year. I pulled average luck :)


It's a good luck charm for the home attached to an arrow and with a snake ornament.
Hope you all had a good new year too!


1 comment: