29.4.13

Cambodia Day 1: Night Market in Siem Reap

Hello! Sorry for taking such a long break. I'm going to update from my trip to Cambodia in the end of February.

The first day I flew into Siem Reap, which is a touristy city because Angkor Wat is there. My coworker Tanya met me at the airport and we took a tuk-tuk back to the hotel.

On arrival, they gave me banana chips and juice


Since the rooms were only $15/night, we each got our own! There were two double beds and they provided bananas and lychees, bottled water, air conditioning (thankfully), wi-fi, cable TV with channels in English, Khmer, Japanese, and Chinese, and a Cambodian story to read before bedtime


beautiful sunset seen from the hotel


The night market was in the downtown area. There were tons and tons of small stalls selling all kinds of things, like postcards, pepper and coffee, scarves, dresses, souvenirs, bags, jewelry, pottery, etc.



Look at all the stalls!
Hello Kitty is popular everywhere apparently


Nearby there was a place called Pub Street that had bars, restaurants, and live music.



Got a Captain and Coke for $3.50!




More to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment